Caregiverlist® Blog: Caring for the Caregiver

About the author

Caregiverlist provides senior care information by senior care industry professionals. Caregiverlist's blog posts include Monday's Caregiver Stress Relief Photo, Tuesday's Senior Issues blog by Renata Jasinski Laszuk and Paige Krzysko with her popular Tech Friday blog.

Archives

RecentComments

Comment RSS

Caregiver Certification

by 029. December 2009 21:15
How do you become certified as a senior caregiver?

Certification is not required for companion senior home care in most states.  However, by becoming certified, you will increase your prospects of being hired as the certification demonstrates you have completed training and  and possess certain skills by passing a certification exam.

Every state provides training programs and exams for certification as a Certified Nursing Aide.  Some states also provide additional certification as home health aides and personal care aides.

Learn about the certification process and take a sample or practice C.N.A. exam to sharpen your skills and explore nursing aide certification programs in your area on Caregiverlist.

, ,

Tags: , ,

Comments (11) -

David Wisotzki
David Wisotzki
12/30/2009 4:02:32 PM #

Thanks for letting people know about caregiver certification. I think it's a useful degree which shows your patients you have a higher skill level in taking care of them. I am currently enrolled in such a program and look forward to my new skills.
David Wisotzki @ Hollywoodcaregiverblog.com

Emily Bogarin
Emily Bogarin
5/22/2010 2:09:16 AM #

I would like more information on caregiving certification. I worked in a facility for 6months and loved it but I feel i need a higher education and knowledge in this field. I worked with alzhiemers and dementia residents. It was very fulfilling.

BLANCA E GONZALEZ
BLANCA E GONZALEZ
6/16/2010 12:23:19 AM #

MY JOB REQUIERS A CERTIFICADE YO WORK IN A HOME.PLEASE IF YOU COULD HELP ME GET ONE. THANKS BLANCA.

Joyce F Harris
Joyce F Harris
12/13/2010 8:36:55 PM #

I need to get a license as a care giver for the elderly.  I have been caring for the elderly for several years.  I would like to be licensed.

betty blakeney
betty blakeney
6/8/2011 2:42:39 AM #

Hi. I have been working as caregiver for the past 2.5 yrs many times i've inquired to my employer about getting certified but they seem to blow me off and say they will let me know.Iam tired of waiting and want to get on with my carrear. If the is any help you can offer i will and do appreciate it. Thank so much may you be blessed.

Elvia Hernandez
Elvia Hernandez
7/26/2011 5:50:42 PM #

Please help me to get the caregiver Certification9

christina mack
christina mack
10/20/2011 3:39:11 PM #

I was certified about 12 years ago but I have lost my paperwork. How can I get a replacement certificate?

fely
fely
11/8/2011 2:57:06 AM #

Hi,Please help me to get the caregiver Certification.
I really want to work in elderly but i need the caregiver certificate please help me .Thank you

Emma
Emma
2/2/2012 5:17:10 PM #

To get right to the point. I want to be a caregiver. I am middle aged but have a drug felony in my past. I see a fingerprint/background check is a necessary prerequisite to be hired.
Do I have a chance to be a caregiver or will my past diqualify me.

lizzette
lizzette
2/16/2012 1:04:48 AM #

hi i been taking care of my grandfather for several years now and i would like to know where can i get my certificate so i can get paid to take care of him.

c jordan
c jordanUnited States
7/30/2013 8:06:47 AM #

i also have been taking care of my aunt for five years and need help with certification and other programs that could be a great help to my aunt and I could you please help me too.

Country flag