Ask The Expert: How do I go about getting a durable power of attorney for my father?

posted by: Ben A. Neiburger Elder Law Attorney

There is a form that you fill out. If your father is still mentally competent you can have him sign the form with witnesses. Your state may have a power of attorney form that is downloadable also. However, I would recommend having an attorney prepare one for your father to make sure there are no problems later.

Back to Elder Law Expert

Leave a Comment

Enter the word shown above in the textfield to the left.
  Yes, I would like to receive caregiving updates from