Senior Home Care Agencies provide Caregivers with a Plan of Care for each client. The daily routine is reviewed with the Caregiver prior to the assignment.
Apply to Caregiving Job
Refer-a-Friend to Caregiving Job & WIN
Get Background Check
The following describes the primary responsibilities expected of Caregivers employed by Senior Home Care Agencies. Various additional duties may be required when assisting a bedridden client or a client in a nursing facility. Most Senior Home Care Agencies will require a Caregiver to have Certified Nursing Aide training for certain assignments.
You may also obtain the skills for senior caregiving by taking the 10-hour line Caregiverlist Caregiver Certification training course.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with walking and light exercise
- Plan and prepare meals, followed by clean-up
- Monitor food expiration dates, make future meals
- Make beds and change linens, as needed
- Light housekeeping to include dusting and vacuuming
- Assist with bathing, dressing and grooming
- Laundry and ironing
- Take out garbage
- Run errands (pickup prescriptions, dry cleaning)
- Engage in physical and mental exercises
- Provide medication reminders
- Escort on appointments (hair salon, physical therapy, etc.)
- Escort to religious services or events
- Maintain calendar and organize mail
- Engage in activities (games, memory books)
- Record daily care notes
- Report any significant client changes to the Agency office
Refer a Friend to Caregiverlist
Weekly + Monthly Winner: $50 Gift Card or FREE T-Shirt & Training
Get entered to win a FREE PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION OF CAREGIVERS Membership: Includes 10-Hour Online Caregiver Training, T-shirt, Membership Lapel Pin.
Winners are Profiled Each Week on Caregiverlist.
Send them an email now